Oh gosh. Okay. Um.
1. I’m 25 years old.
2. My girlfriend and I have been together 9 years this December which freaks me out every time I think about it it. By the time we get to September/October this year we will have known each other for half our lives.
3. Since I was a little kid I wanted to be a writer, so thanks tumblr for supporting that delusion.
4. For five years through undergrad/postgrad I worked in a liquor store in the absolute worst part of town. We got robbed a bunch and I gave more statements to the police than anyone should have to who hasn’t committed a crime, and I had to go to court one time as a witness. On the upside, I now have an encyclopaedic knowledge of alcohol, so.
5. I play guitar in an indie band, drums in a metal band, and occasionally write my own acoustic stuff on the side. I own more musical instruments than furniture.
6. I’m due to finish my PhD in about six months and I’m absolutely terrified because how do you job, especially because academia is really ridiculous now and has much more of an emphasis on publishing/your ability to attract money than the quality of your teaching.
7. The first show I ever went to was Green Day when I was 13. The last show I went to was Blink-182 three weeks ago.
8. Before I moved out to go to uni I couldn’t cook that well but now it’s one of my favourite things, and I’m 78% sure my girlfriend only stays with me because I feed her awesome food every day.
9. I dress like a complete hipster douchebag and I ain’t even mad about it. Like, I’m wearing grey skinny jeans with braces (suspenders to you US folk) and an ironic t-shirt right now. Don’t even care.
10. I’m a tech geek but I refuse to get an e-reader because the Lit major in me still likes physical books far too much.